Rushing, stressing, anxiety… the frantic pace of modern-day life puts us in a state of constant alert that keeps us from ever switching off, and by the time we realise it, we’re already exhausted. But the body needs a rest to recover its energy and get back into action.
In today’s post, I’m going to share a simple exercise that will help you relax and catch your breath in just 5 minutes
5 Tricks to Relax:
- Lie down on a firm and comfortable surface, or you can also sit, if you so prefer.
- The important thing is that, little by little, you focus your attention on your breathing as you relax your whole body. I suggest you start out by relaxing your head and the nape of the neck, then move down to the upper limbs, and end at the lower limbs.
- Once you’ve managed to feel more relaxed, inhale through your nose for 4 to 5 seconds, putting your attention on breathing in correctly, taking in as much air as possible.
- Try to hold the inhaled air in your lungs for 5 to 6 seconds, putting your whole attention on this point of the exercise.
- Fully exhale the air little by little as you continue to relax your whole body. This exhalation should last between 8 and 9 seconds.
Repeat the exercise as many times as you need until you reach the state of relaxation you are after. The main thing is to focus your attention on your own breathing and to complete each step in the timeframe specified.
After doing this exercise, I’d suggest you make yourself a cup of Dietox’s Relax Infusion to keep you relaxed for longer thanks to its blend of lavender and lemon verbena.
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.